Saturday, November 28, 2009

The Swan and The Dog: Adventures on Their Own

Ha ha, I had not realized that my last post on IV's blog was 4 months ago, but apparently it was.
Much has changed since then. IV and I moved out on our own. We are living in a house for a little while, and then who knows! (It is very difficult to find a nice place to live that allows animals...so it will be another adventure finding a new home in April).

IV remains an adorable, playful, troublemaking puppy.

She loves going to the Kennel while I am away. She is reported to be the fastest dog there, and loves her playtime where she just runs and runs and runs around the dog yard, with all the other dogs trying to catch up to her. This image makes me smile. My dog is fast!

The other day IV and I went for a bike ride. I was pedalling as fast as I could, and yet she still ran ahead and was pulling the bike along. We biked for about an hour before she started to slow down. But it's snowing right now, and I am not all that good at biking in the snow, so I'm thinking that was our last bike ride of the season. Til spring!!

Being on our own was a good decision. Sometimes I feel bad about how she no longer has 7 people to dote on her, play with her, and take her on walks...but at the same time it is a HUGE relief to no longer feel like we are a burden on anyone.

My favourite IV moments are when she comes over to me and puts her head on my knee and looks up at me with a "wanna play" in her eyes. I spent the last 2 days on the couch getting over an icky sicky spell, and she hung out, not understanding, but bringing me her tire and begging me to throw it. And much to her great joy, I'd throw it across the room, and she would dash after it.

She's nothing like the cuddly dog I always imagined I'd have. Still, she's my dog, and she is super cute, and super sweet. And I wouldn't trade her away for anything! (Although, there was one day where she completely shredded everything in my box of stuff for recycling--2 weeks worth--and spread it all over the front entrance...that day I was ready to get rid of her!)

No comments:

Post a Comment